The text arrived with the deceiving tone of my happy text alert ring. It began…
2 questions…Why did you read my spiral I wrote in and tell the world? And why was I the only kid whose parents never showed up for parents weekend?
In random order, here are some of the thoughts that begin flooding your mind:
- How did he know I found his journal?
- Didn’t he realize that if we came, it would set him back to week 1?
- Will he ever forgive me?
- Why would you even want us there if you are mad at us?
- Didn’t someone let him know ahead of time that we would not be coming?
- How can you be mad at me…that journal had shocking proof of potential danger looming.
- Was this a Facebook thing again? (Recent evil has always pointed back to the dreaded fb.)
- What’s wrong with me?
As a teacher, the term Essential Question is familiar. As a mother of a teenager, the term Stupid Question is familiar.
It’s essential to keep my “Mother of a Teenager” hat on today.